Our first annual Baseball/Softball Fall Recruiting Seminar was a huge success.
30+ players & parents attended the seminar.
The event was free of charge & open to all Steel City Select baseball & softball players.
The event was organized & promoted by Lori Schimmel (Director of Softball Operations, Former Head Coach at College of Wooster & Thiel College) and Ian Macdonald (Director of Baseball Operations, Current Assistant Coach at Grove City College).
Topics addressed were:
- Completing your NCSA profile & why it's so importance.
- College Recruiting Rules & Timelines
- Evaluating Your Options: Understanding DI, DII, DIII, NAIA, & JUCO.
- Measurables: What is expected at every level? Where do I fit in?
- Scholarships: Academic vs. Athletic. How, when, and where to apply.
- Communication with College Coaches: Taking ownership. What to include in emails & hand written notes. How to make a great first impression. Which questions to ask.
- Showcases & Prospect Camps: Which to choose. When to attend them. How to make the most of them & stand out as a college prospect.